Join Our Team!
If you want your work to positively impact people’s lives, Golden Shovel Agency is the place for you! Our team plays an important role in the development and growth of communities across North America and the world.
Join our team to work with incredible communities and the economic developers working to make change. You can help to tell their story through multimedia and cutting edge communications strategies.
The available jobs at Golden Shovel Agency are listed below. If you are interested in learning more about our job openings, email our Director of Remote Work and Recruitment, Amanda Jenkins.
Golden Shovel Agency is seeking a web designer for project-based contract work on non-commerce website designs. The ideal candidate is someone who is specifically a web designer and is well-versed on the requirements and abilities of design within the web environment. This is a remote position so they need to be able to work independently and meet their deadlines. We are looking for someone who is able to produce a polished, professional tone in their designs, and who will bring a fresh and different design aesthetic to our team.
- Conceptualize and create intuitive, engaging, and brand-consistent web experiences
- Produce a polished, professional tone in their designs
- Be able to design to accommodate a lot of content
- Be able to create a homepage and subpage design
- Designs must be created in Adobe Photoshop as layered PSDs, or possibly Adobe XD (please inquire for details if this is your preferred software).
- Layout must comply with the Bootstrap 5 responsive framework.
- Location map files must be created in Adobe Illustrator as layered vector artwork.
- All working files are due upon completion of the project and become the exclusive property of Golden Shovel Agency.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in web design
- Bring a new and creative look to the job
- Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
- Ability to work with Bootstrap 4/Bootstrap 5 responsive framework
- Preference is given to designers with 2+ years experience
The timeline for a standard website design project is 2 weeks from initiation (designer's receipt of project brief and materials and/or kick off call) for internal creation and revision of the designs, plus additional time as needed for client revisions until sign-off is achieved.
Please submit your resume, portfolio, and pricing information if you are interested in being considered for design contract offers.
Business Development Representative
Golden Shovel Agency is the national leader in digital communications for economic development organizations. Our cutting-edge technology and marketing strategies help economic development teams promote their community and gain the ongoing attention of businesses, site selectors and emerging workforces. Our team is passionate about the success of our client , and we have an all-time client retention rate of 95% (over 14 years).
The Business Development Representative will be responsible for making calls to prospective clients and setting up appointments/meetings for our sales leadership team. This person will be responsible for logging weekly activity (calls, meetings, proposals, leads, etc.) into a robust CRM (Customer Relationship Management). The ideal candidate will be someone who has a positive attitude, embraces introductory conversations, is a self-starter, and is detail oriented.
Come work for a great all-remote team!
- Make outgoing calls from a combination of warm and cold leads
- Set meetings and appointments for our sales leadership team
- Attend all initial meetings and select follow-up meetings with your prospects
- Understand the customer's needs and offer Golden Shovel solutions.
- Tailor content of sales approach by studying client needs and providing a custom solution.
- Keep management informed and can accurately assess where sales prospects are in the sales pipeline.
- Monitor competition by gathering marketplace information and comparing industry solutions.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending webinars and learning Golden Shovel's solutions.
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing sales goals and communicating with the team.
- Ability to reach the best contacts, identify initial needs, discuss various value propositions, and set solid meetings for mutual calendars..
- Prospecting skills
- Negotiation skills
- Cold Calling
- Strong phone communication skills (nimble with topics of conversation)
- Customer Service
This is a contracted work position. This position has a monthly contracted amount and commission for sales.