Join Our Team!
If you want your work to positively impact people’s lives, Golden Shovel Agency is the place for you! Our team plays an important role in the development and growth of communities across North America and the world.
Join our team to work with incredible communities and the economic developers working to make change. You can help to tell their story through multimedia and cutting edge communications strategies.
The available jobs at Golden Shovel Agency are listed below. If you are interested in learning more about our job openings, email our Director of Remote Work and Recruitment, Amanda Jenkins.
Golden Shovel Agency is seeking a web designer for project-based contract work on non-commerce website designs. The ideal candidate is someone who is specifically a web designer and is well-versed on the requirements and abilities of design within the web environment. This is a remote position so they need to be able to work independently and meet their deadlines. We are looking for someone who is able to produce a polished, professional tone in their designs, and who will bring a fresh and different design aesthetic to our team.
- Conceptualize and create intuitive, engaging, and brand-consistent web experiences
- Produce a polished, professional tone in their designs
- Be able to design to accommodate a lot of content
- Be able to create a homepage and subpage design
- Designs must be created in Adobe Photoshop as layered PSDs, or possibly Adobe XD (please inquire for details if this is your preferred software).
- Layout must comply with the Bootstrap 5 responsive framework.
- Location map files must be created in Adobe Illustrator as layered vector artwork.
- All working files are due upon completion of the project and become the exclusive property of Golden Shovel Agency.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in web design
- Bring a new and creative look to the job
- Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
- Ability to work with Bootstrap 4/Bootstrap 5 responsive framework
- Preference is given to designers with 2+ years experience
The timeline for a standard website design project is 2 weeks from initiation (designer's receipt of project brief and materials and/or kick off call) for internal creation and revision of the designs, plus additional time as needed for client revisions until sign-off is achieved.
Please submit your resume, portfolio, and pricing information if you are interested in being considered for design contract offers.
The Content Division of Golden Shovel Agency is recruiting for a Content Writer on a contract basis. The Writer will be responsible for working directly with the Director of Content and Publishing team to complete content for Golden Shovel clients.
One of the most important aspects of this job is the ability to be creative! As a content writer, you are given information on the client, along with their key priorities. It is then up to you to create the content plan for the year and create twelve articles based on the agreed upon topics. The words you write will help to shape people’s perceptions of communities, organizations and initiatives. That’s powerful and so we need a writer who trusts their own voice, their ability to paint a picture, to tell a story and communicate in a persuasive manner.
The successful candidate will possess exceptional writing talent as well as experience in content writing; the ability to develop compelling headlines and copy; the ability to organize complex information into logical and readable web content; excellent grasp of grammar and style; strong vocabulary; the ability to proofread and edit with great accuracy; strong project and organizational skills; and strong collaborative skills. Individual must have excellent computer skills and ability to work in Google Drive.
Website Content Writer Responsibilities
- Plan, research, write and edit website content
- Coordinate and meet with designated content authors/managers across the organization to assist departments in creating and maintaining site content
- Develop/write content that demonstrates a strong understanding of the client's brand, target audiences, and their message and communication standards
- Develop content for websites working from a sitemap
- Research communities, programs and initiatives. You must enjoy learning to work here!
Website Content Writer Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- 1-3 years of experience developing content for websites
- Strong editing and proofreading skills required