Join Our Team!
If you want your work to positively impact people’s lives, Golden Shovel Agency is the place for you! Our team plays an important role in the development and growth of communities across North America and the world.
Join our team to work with incredible communities and the economic developers working to make change. You can help to tell their story through multimedia and cutting edge communications strategies.
The available jobs at Golden Shovel Agency are listed below. If you are interested in learning more about our job openings, email our Director of Remote Work and Recruitment, Amanda Jenkins.
Golden Shovel Agency is seeking a patient and self-motivated individual to populate, generate, and format website content (primarily text copy and graphics) through a CMS. The successful candidate is someone with passion for the web industry and who constantly seeks to expand their skillset, knowledge, and experience.
- Working knowledge of HTML5/CSS3
- Familiarity with website Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Ability and willingness to learn a new CMS
- Familiarity with (and own copy of) Adobe PhotoShop
- Ability to produce conversational-level English copy
Preference will be given to candidates with website population experience, design background, and practical knowledge of SEO and social media marketing. Familiarity with (and a copy of) Adobe Illustrator also a plus.
- Website Data Entry/Population
- Content Formatting/Layout
- Content Research/Collection
- Website Graphics Generation
- SEO-related Population
The Content Specialist will work entirely over the internet and must provide their own work space, equipment, software, and internet connection. Work schedule is somewhat flexible but will require partial availability during standard business hours in the continental U.S. for meeting/collaborating with other team members.
Interested candidates must provide their resume and portfolio/examples of population work they have completed.
The Content Division of Golden Shovel Agency is recruiting for a Content Writer on a contract basis. The Writer will be responsible for working directly with the Director of Content and Publishing team to complete content for Golden Shovel clients.
One of the most important aspects of this job is the ability to be creative! As a content writer, you are given information on the client, along with their key priorities. It is then up to you to create the content plan for the year and create twelve articles based on the agreed upon topics. The words you write will help to shape people’s perceptions of communities, organizations and initiatives. That’s powerful and so we need a writer who trusts their own voice, their ability to paint a picture, to tell a story and communicate in a persuasive manner.
The successful candidate will possess exceptional writing talent as well as experience in content writing; the ability to develop compelling headlines and copy; the ability to organize complex information into logical and readable web content; excellent grasp of grammar and style; strong vocabulary; the ability to proofread and edit with great accuracy; strong project and organizational skills; and strong collaborative skills. Individual must have excellent computer skills and ability to work in Google Drive.
Website Content Writer Responsibilities
- Plan, research, write and edit website content
- Coordinate and meet with designated content authors/managers across the organization to assist departments in creating and maintaining site content
- Develop/write content that demonstrates a strong understanding of the client's brand, target audiences, and their message and communication standards
- Develop content for websites working from a sitemap
- Research communities, programs and initiatives. You must enjoy learning to work here!
Website Content Writer Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- 1-3 years of experience developing content for websites
- Strong editing and proofreading skills required
Golden Shovel Agency is the national leader in digital communications for economic development organizations. Our cutting-edge technology and marketing strategies help economic development teams promote their community and gain the ongoing attention of businesses, site selectors and emerging workforces. Our team is passionate about the success of our client , and we have an all-time client retention rate of 95% (over 14 years).
The Business Development Representative will be responsible for making calls to prospective clients and setting up appointments/meetings for our sales leadership team. This person will be responsible for logging weekly activity (calls, meetings, proposals, leads, etc.) into a robust CRM (Customer Relationship Management). The ideal candidate will be someone who has a positive attitude, embraces introductory conversations, is a self-starter, and is detail oriented.
Come work for a great all-remote team!
- Make outgoing calls from a combination of warm and cold leads
- Set meetings and appointments for our sales leadership team
- Attend all initial meetings and select follow-up meetings with your prospects
- Understand the customer's needs and offer Golden Shovel solutions.
- Tailor content of sales approach by studying client needs and providing a custom solution.
- Keep management informed and can accurately assess where sales prospects are in the sales pipeline.
- Monitor competition by gathering marketplace information and comparing industry solutions.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending webinars and learning Golden Shovel's solutions.
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing sales goals and communicating with the team.
- Ability to reach the best contacts, identify initial needs, discuss various value propositions, and set solid meetings for mutual calendars..
- Prospecting skills
- Negotiation skills
- Cold Calling
- Strong phone communication skills (nimble with topics of conversation)
- Customer Service
This is a contracted work position. This position has a monthly contracted amount and commission for sales.