Join Our Team!
If you want your work to positively impact people’s lives, Golden Shovel Agency is the place for you! Our team plays an important role in the development and growth of communities across North America and the world.
Join our team to work with incredible communities and the economic developers working to make change. You can help to tell their story through multimedia and cutting edge communications strategies.
The available jobs at Golden Shovel Agency are listed below. If you are interested in learning more about our job openings, email our Director of Human Resources, Amelia McGrady.
The GateKeeper Representative provides monthly customer relations. Golden Shovel Agency is seeking to contract with an individual to work independently from a location of their choice and schedule monthly meetings with existing clients. The contract would initiate at 20-30 hours a month, with anticipation to grow as the individual demonstrates an effective ability to manage the client base.
Project management experience in a relevant field, two years of customer service, and a bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or economic development are preferred.
- Examine website and social media analytic reports monthly.
- Schedule monthly calls with clients to review their Golden Shovel services.
- Solicit feedback on the quality of service being offered.
- Make basic graphic and content changes to a client's website and social media accounts.
- Introduce Golden Shovel features and services as requested by the client to solve their issues.
- A successful contractor will learn and understand the economic development marketing services offered by Golden Shovel and be able to articulate the appropriate services to the Golden Shovel Clients.
As the national leader in digital communications for economic development organizations, Golden Shovel Agency is looking for sales representatives to build relationships and make a difference for communities. Our cutting-edge technology and marketing strategies help economic developers promote their community and gain the attention of businesses, site selectors and emerging workers. This is a contracted work position and the salesperson has the ability to set their own schedule. This position has a monthly contracted amount based on experience and commission for sales.
- Customer Service
- Ability to offer solutions to prospects and provide value conversations.
- Closing skills
- Prospecting skills
- Territory management
- Negotiation skills
- Understanding the customer's needs and offering Golden Shovel Agency solutions.
- Adjusts content of sales by studying client needs and providing a custom solution.
- Keep management informed and can accurately assess where sales prospects are in the sales pipeline.
- Monitors competition by gathering marketplace information and comparing industry solutions.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending webinars and learning Golden Shovel's solutions.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing sales goals and communicating with the team.
Golden Shovel Agency needs a Website Designer to bring a fresh and different design aesthetic to our team. The ideal web designer is well-versed in the requirements and abilities of design within the web environment. They need to be able to work independently and meet their deadlines. We are looking for someone who is able to produce a polished, professional tone in their designs and be able to design to accommodate a lot of content.
- Be able to submit a portfolio of previous website design work.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in web design.
- Bring a new and creative look to the job.
- Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator
- Ability to work with Bootstrap 4 responsive framework.
- Preference is given to designers with 2+ years of experience.
- Conceptualize and create intuitive, engaging, and brand-consistent web experiences
- Produce a polished, professional tone in their designs
- Be able to design to accommodate a lot of content
- Be able to create a homepage and subpage design