13 Golden Shovel Clients Honored by IEDC
11 Oct 2021
News, Press Release, Client Spotlight
Minneapolis, Minnesota - October 11, 2021 -- Golden Shovel Agency, an economic development communications firm, is pleased to announce that thirteen of the agency’s clients received awards at last week’s International Economic Development Council’s (IEDC) annual meeting in Nashville, Tennessee. IEDC is the largest organization of economic development professionals in the world with over 5,000 members. “It’s a true honor for so many of our clients to be chosen as award winners. It’s also a testament to their innovative and driven approach to growing their communities. We are proud to support so many talented economic developers and their organizations,” said Ron Kresha, Chief Operating Officer of Golden Shovel Agency.
“As a communications firm, our goal is to stay ahead of the trends, to identify what economic developers need to be competitive, and to deliver on that promise. The award York County Development Corporation (YCDC) received for their virtual reality video is an excellent example of how PlaceVR technology can be used to create immersive experiences in a digital environment,” said Aaron Brossoit, Chief Executive Officer of Golden Shovel Agency. “Lisa Hurley, Economic Development Director for YCDC, has effectively used this technology to communicate with site selectors and developers.”
In addition to the award YCDC received for their virtual reality video, Golden Shovel clients won awards for their websites, annual reports, paid advertising campaigns, newsletter, innovation, and partnerships. Two won the EDO of the year awards. “Our clients are truly best in class. The economic developers we work with embody the spirit of the industry, are true professionals and forward thinkers. As a company, our job is to support their efforts and I am pleased with how well we have been able to do so. Congratulations to all of our clients who submitted for the IEDC awards, and to the thirteen who were chosen,” said John Marshall, President of Golden Shovel Agency.
The following is a list of Golden Shovel’s clients who won an IEDC award at their 2021 conference:
- York County Development Corporation
- Multimedia/Video Promotion, Population <25,000, Silver Award
- Saginaw Future
- Annual Report, Population 25,000 - 200,000, Bronze Award
- Pflugerville Community Development Corp.
- Paid Advertising Campaign, Population 25,000 - 200,000, Silver Award
- Paid Advertising Campaign, Population >500,000, Silver Award
- Pasadena EDC
- Magazine & Newsletter, Population 25,000 - 200,000, Silver Award
- Clinton County Port Authority
- Innovation in Economic Development, Population 25,000 - 200,000, Silver Award
- Giddings Economic Development Corporation
- General Purpose Website, Population <25,000, Gold Award
- Multi-Year Economic Development, Population <25,000, Silver Award
- Real Estate Redevelopment & Reuse, Population <25,000, Gold Award
- Public-Private Partnerships, Population <25,000, Gold Award
- Ohio County Economic Development Alliance
- General Purpose Website, Population <25,000, Silver Award
- Greater Gallup Economic Development Corporation
- Business Retention and Expansion Initiatives, Population 25,000 - 200,000, Gold Award
- Ramsey County
- Economic Equity and Inclusion, Population >500,000, Silver Award
- Roanoke County, VA
- Public-Private Partnerships, Population 25,000 - 20,000, Bronze Award
- Greater Dubuque Development Corp.
- EDO of the Year, Population 25,000 - 200,000, Bronze Award
- Tulsa Regional Chamber
- EDO of the Year, Population >500,000, Bronze Award
THE INTERNATIONAL ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL (IEDC) is a non-profit, non-partisan membership organization serving economic developers. With more than 5,000 members, IEDC is the largest organization of its kind. Economic developers promote economic well-being and quality of life for their communities, by creating, retaining and expanding jobs that facilitate growth, enhance wealth and provide a stable tax base. From public to private, rural to urban and local to international, IEDC’s members are engaged in the full range of economic development experience. Given the breadth of economic development work, our members are employed in a wide variety of settings including local, state, provincial and federal governments, public-private partnerships, chambers of commerce, universities and a variety of other institutions. When we succeed, our members create high-quality jobs, develop vibrant communities, and improve the quality of life in their regions. Learn more about IEDC here.
GOLDEN SHOVEL AGENCY brings creative energy to the work of economic development. Whether the goal is to attract and support great businesses or great talent, we are specialists in your world: We’ve helped more than 230 communities across North America to shape and tell their stories in order to strengthen the vitality of their regional economies. Our core services include branding, marketing, strategy, web development, and online communications. More than that, we are a true partner to our clients. Learn more about Golden Shovel Agency here.