Join our Team and work with communities looking to be heard. We are a group of skilled professionals working in Economic Development helping communities grow and thrive. For a list of open positions and to apply scroll down. Don’t see anything? Send us your resume and email and if we have a fit we’ll reach out.
Current open positions:
Golden Shovel Agency is the national leader in digital communications for economic development organizations. Our cutting-edge technology and marketing strategies help economic developers promote their community and gain the attention of businesses, site selectors and emerging workers. Our team is passionate about the success of our clients. We are looking for salespeople who want to build relationships and make a difference for communities.
- Understanding the customer's needs and offering Golden Shovel solutions.
- Adjusts content of sales by studying client needs and providing a custom solution.
- Keeps management informed and can accurately assess where sales prospects are in the sales pipeline.
- Monitors competition by gathering marketplace information and comparing industry solutions.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending webinars and learning Golden Shovel's solutions.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing sales goals and communicating with the team.
This is a contracted work position and the salesperson has the ability to set their own schedule. This position has a monthly contracted amount and commission for sales. Contracted amount is based on experience.
- Customer Service
- Ability to offer solutions to prospects and provide value conversations.
- Closing skills
- Prospecting skills
- Territory management
- Negotiation skills.
If you are interested in learning more, please send an email to Amelia Kresha, HR Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org
Website Content Writer
The Content Division of Golden Shovel Agency is recruiting for a Website Content Writer on a contract basis. The Writer will be responsible for working directly with the Director of Content and Marketing team to complete priority web content for Golden Shovel clients.
One of the most important aspects of this job is the ability to be creative! As a website content writer, you are given information on the client, along with their key priorities. It is then up to you to create the content from scratch. The words you write will help to shape people’s perceptions of communities, organizations and initiatives. That’s powerful and so we need a writer who trusts their own voice, their ability to paint a picture, to tell a story and communicate in a persuasive manner.
Website Content Writer Responsibilities
- Plan, research, write and edit website content
- Coordinate and meet with designated content authors/managers across the organization to assist departments in creating and maintaining site content
- Develop/write content that demonstrates a strong understanding of the client's brand, target audiences, and their message and communication standards
- Develop content for websites working from a sitemap
- Research communities, programs and initiatives. You must enjoy learning to work here!
Website Content Writer Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- 1-3 years of experience developing content for websites
- Strong editing and proofreading skills required
Interested applicants should send a resume and links to websites they have written content for to Amelia Kresha, HR Specialist at email@example.com
About Golden Shovel
Golden Shovel Agency is a full-service communications firm, working exclusively with economic developers, chambers, city, county and state governments. We bring creative energy to the work of economic development. Whether the goal is to attract and support great businesses or great talent, we are specialists in your world: We’ve helped more than 200 communities across North America to shape and tell their stories in order to strengthen the vitality of their regional economies.
We are knowledge experts and communications specialists. Our team understands the economic development world and we use this expertise to support our client’s daily activities, whether they are engaging the press, attracting investment and workforce, or communicating with stakeholders and board members. Our focus is on our client’s success and our clients are winning.