How Much Is The “Workforce Shortage” Costing Your Community?
Attracting, training, and retaining skilled workers results in an increased tax base, more housing, better wages and economic growth. We know the “workforce squeeze” is slowing community growth and taking up your time.
That’s why Golden Shovel Agency has developed a comprehensive set of tools and strategies to help economic development organizations cultivate a healthy workforce. Region branding, quality of life initiatives, and specialized online resources are just a few of the approaches that our clients have successfully used to be competitive in workforce attraction.
Common Workforce Attraction Goals
- Raise awareness about job development and private investment.
- Attract and train workers in the 25- to -45- year- old demographic.
- Develop the right message to appeal to highly-mobile workers
- Entice those who moved away to return.
- Highlight quality of life amenities and activities
- Engage and educate entrepreneurs