Successful Communities Use This Content Strategy
We create the stories that define your community. Your community is more than a destination on a map. It’s your home—the place where you are working to create jobs and grow the economy so that families can thrive.
With a focus on the future, you are your community’s champion—its hero. Our content team is here to tell your story, and the story of what makes your community and the people who live there special.
Core Offerings Include
Content Strategy and Communications Plan
Identify the core strategies for the coming year and create goals and communication points. For example, a plan might focus on recruiting young residents who have left, or advancing a key job training program. The strategy is then tied to specific communications that are pushed out through the news feed and social media.
- Meet to identify key goals and strategies to achieve them
- Attach strategies to key messaging
- Determine stories that engage readers and deliver key messages
- Identify appropriate audiences and the key communications channels to reach them
- Review and assess analytics to determine impact
Content Creation and Publishing
Creates content for various media (local, regional, trade, and other traditional media; web news feed; LinkedIn; Facebook; Twitter; etc.) to persistently push strategy and messaging in a way that engages readers.
- Copywriter is embedded in the strategy and messaging sessions
- Stories are developed collaboratively
- Imagery, video, and other supporting content is leveraged whenever possible and relevant
- Social media posting schedule is managed by agency in collaboration with client
As a Golden Shovel client, you are assigned a GateKeeper Consultant to coach and support you with your strategic, creative services, and technology needs. Consultants serve as project managers on individual tasks. They will meet with you monthly to troubleshoot, and provide insight and other support--plus they are readily available by phone and email. Included in the monthly meetings are the following topics:
- Making the most of your website features
- Technology training
- Developing strategy and tying it to communications
- Troubleshooting, special projects
- Updating websites with fresh and relevant news
Marketing & PR
We’re all tuned in to social media marketing, but traditional marketing is still a key component of any communications plan. Our creative team will employ such elements, collaborating with you to craft, deliver, and measure results. Examples include:
- Email blasts
- Press releases
- Trade journals and specialty publications
- Newsletter writing