Great Falls and Montana Business Briefs
Wednesday, October 08, 2014
Article by Great Falls Tribune
The Sweetgrass Development board of directors is seeking input and inviting the public to a series of meetings to discuss finalization and completion of the region impact assessment that has been conducted over the past 12 months.
Funding was secured from the U.S. Economic Development Administration, the state of Montana Department of Commerce, Big Sky Trust Fund, Glacier County CDBG-ED funds, local public and private entities throughout the region.
The purpose of the project was to gather data from the private sector, to assist in development and mitigate potential infrastructure impacts. This project addressed the possible impacts of oil and gas, agricultural diversity, manufacturing and other developments within the region. The interviews and data collection has concluded and they are now seeking comment on the final report.
The meetings are:
• Oct 15, noon, Great Falls Chamber of Commerce Conference room, 100 1st Ave. N., Great Falls
• Oct. 15, 5:45 p.m. Fairfield Town Office, 603 Central Ave., Fairfield.
• Oct. 20, 5:15 p.m. Cut Bank City Office, 221 W Main St., Cut Bank.
• Oct. 20, 6:30 p.m. Shelby Town Hall, 112 1st St. S., Shelby.
• Oct. 21, noon, Conrad City Hall, 413 Main St., Conrad.
• Oct. 21, 5:30 p.m. Choteau city offices, 38 1st Ave. N.W., Choteau.
• Oct. 23, 5 p.m. Browning Town Hall, 124 2nd Ave. N.W., Browning.
To reserve a seat, call Sarah Converse at 406-727-5173 or firstname.lastname@example.org.